Make Your Appointment Online
Schedule your medical migration appointment today!
The step of your life
If you are considering getting an immigrant visa, the first and most important thing to do is to be well informed about the details of this process. For that reason, at Clinica Medica Internacional we would like to share some basic details to help ensure a successful progress in this life changing event.
What do you need to know before getting an immigrant visa?
You need to have relatives who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States of America.
They will need to file an I-130 petition at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Once the petition is approved, it will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC).
Depending on your visa’s category the petition could take months or years to be processed. For that reason it is very important to have updated records for the petitioner and the applicant.
The NVC will contact the applicant regarding the documents needed for the appointment. Once the case is sent to the consulate, the applicant will be notified with a date and time for the appointment, including instructions related to the necessary forms for the interview.
It’s highly important that all your required documentation is organized, complete, and updated to avoid delays in the process. Also, you will need to show the appointment letter from the NVC or from the consulate.
Consider that depending on the circumstances, interviews may require two or more days.
A health care provider authorized by the US government must examine all Immigrant visa applicants.There are only three (3) authorized clinics available.
Clinica Medica Internacional is one of them and before visiting us, you will need to keep in mind the following requirements:
Appointment Letter from the American Consulate
- You can verify your appointment by registering at the American Consulate’s website: www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.
- Print your confirmation letter, THESE FORMS ARE CHARGE FREE you should never pay for them.
- Current Mexican passport, or from your country of origin.
- Having your vaccine records is preferred.
- For your medical examination is necessary to take a phorograph, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGEFor this reason your forehead and ears must be exposed with no earrings.
Applicants 15 years of age or older
- The medical exam must be done two days prior to the appointment.
- In case of a modification on your medical exam or if you are asked for additional examination, our doctor will let you know when to expect your results.
Applicants younger than 15 years
- The medical exam must be done four days prior to the interview.
- Minors must be accompanied by one of the parents or legal guardian, with a valid identification or a power of attorney for the guardian or authorized person by the parents.
- Minors must not receive any vaccines a month prior to the medical examination.
- We will provide the medical results 48 hours after taking the Tuberculosis (PPD) test. In case of a modification on your medical exam or if you are asked for additional exams, our doctor will let you know when to expect your results.
All applicants must comply with the vaccine schedule established by the health care authorities of the United States of America. If you have valid documentation, bring it with you. REMEMBER, it is not worth putting your application at risk by providing false documentation.
Vaccines and medical exams must be paid directly at our clinic and you can use any of the following options:
- Cash (dollars or pesos)
- Debit or credit card
Tips for your appointment
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment. (You will not be able to change your scheduled time by arriving earlier.)
- Don’t forget to bring your appointment letter.
- If the applicant does not speak English or Spanish, they can be accompanied by an interpreter.
- Minor, Elderly or special need applicants may bring a companion to the appointment.
- Dress appropriately for the appointment and for the weather. Keep in mind that this process can take several hours.
- Food or drinks are not allowed at the consulate.
- In the consulate you will receive a numbered ticket don’t lose it cause you will need it during your entire appointment.
- Be honest with every question you receive at the interview and provide as much detail as possible.
- Any payment for services related to visas must be done inside the facilities of the clinic or at the consulate ONLY.
- If your visa is approved you will not receive any documents. It will be delivered by the DHL shipping services.
- If you would like to get your original documents back after your interview you need to request them at the time of the interview and provide copies of everything.
- If you receive your medical exam do NOT open the envelope or it will be void.
About your visa
Along with your visa, you will receive a sealed package, do not open it until you verify that your visa information is accurate, otherwise contact the Consulate immediately.
If you receive your immigrant visa packet keep in mind that you will have to pay a $165 USCIS Immigrant Fee to process your resident card.
TO LEARN MORE DETAILS YOU CAN VISIT THE USCI WEBSITE HERE